Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:55:10 +0530
From:      "murthy kn" <knmurthy30@hotmail.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipsend packet generator

Hi,

    When I use the "ipsend" executable/tool available from the
distribution and am generating a UDP packet, I am
able to see the exact packet at the destination.

However, when I try to compile the utility, (downloaded from Net)
it is compiling without problem, but when I send
a UDP packet, at the destination it is being seen
as some arbitrary packet - whatever length I write
at the sender, receiver is seeing only a length of 22 bytes of
some unknown protocol.

My feeling is there may be problem with some flag related to the
"IP header" definition while compiling (_IP_VHL or some similar stuff)
- has anybody encountered this problem or I am missing something?

           Thanks for your time,
               Murthy