Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 1996 14:29:04 -0600
From:      "Matthew Z. Stout" <matt@xanadu2.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange httpd behavior....

After running my web server for nearly 5 months without problems I dug
in and mounted a second hard drive.  A few days after this httpd and
innd suddenly began exibiting delays of 2 or 3 minutes before filling
a request.  in both cases, the connection establishes right away but
it waits before actually sending data.  As I said, it has been running
without a hitch and I made no changes to any configuration files.
When I watch the connection with netstat it shows information in the
Queue waiting to go out but it doesn't actually send it right away as
it should.  Can someone tell me why these two relatively unrelated
services would suddenly begin acting up in this manner.  By the way,
all other services run great and at top speed, and I am running
FreeBSD 2.1.

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Matthew ZS
matt@xanadu2.net