Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 22:58:58 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfig and transfig

> You are right.  I'd rather have a maximal list of dependencies than a
> minimal list.

Perhaps that's it !
it's really just personal preference for or against, depending
whether the compiler machine has infinite space,
& whether cries of `Bloat' are to one's personal taste :-)

a bit like vi V emacs, or C formatting styles,

OK, lets have a new pseudo thing like
	EXEC_DEPENDS
perhaps
	EXEC_RECCOMENDED

That will alllow for both ends of the spectrum, with both ends also having
full automatic compilation.
EG I can make a damn good case for instance that ghostview is Not necessary
for Hylafax (even though I personally happen to use ghostview for each fax
I get :-) (anyone who doesnt undesrtand this should read the hylafax-in-
remote-server-with forwarding mode docs before challenging that :-)

Julian S