Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 23:32:43 -0500
From:      "Michael Conlen" <meconlen@obfuscated.net>
To:        "Will Yardley" <william@hq.newdream.net>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: resolv.conf / dhcp

In your dhclient.conf file in /etc (I think) you can set options to keep
some parameters. I, for example, don't use the networks name server, so I
set my own there.

Ahh, yes. My /etc/dhclient.conf

interface "dc0" {
        supersede domain-name "obfuscated.net";
        prepend domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1;
        supersede host-name "devo";
}

You can see where I supersede the domain-name and host-name, as well as
prepend my own name server to their list. My resolv.conf comes out as

search obfuscated.net
nameserver 10.0.0.1
nameserver 65.32.1.70
nameserver 65.32.2.130