Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:54:05 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wrong dependencies..

--Sig_gv/vWN1oI=YL8N6CwZK_GCj

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:27:10 -0800
Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:

> 	How can I convinced portmanager that some/most of these
> 	dependencies are incorrect?  E.G.: both playmidi and=20
> 	ghostscript-aafpl have been pkg_deleted!  WWhat utility do=20
> 	I need to run to update the ports/packages list?  I have the
> 	regular ghostscript-gnu that I've had for 12 years...  Any=20
> 	clues will be greatly appreciated!!

Run 'make config' in the directory and uncheck:

	IMAGEMAGICK_GSLIB

That should do it. Personally, I run the ghostscript-afpl version
myself. On my system, the majority of programs that I use prefer that
version.

As far as 'bison' goes, what program is requiring it? I had the same
problem once, forget what program it was, and I had to configure it to
use the older version of 'bison'. I don't know of any graceful way
around it.

--=20
Gerard

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.

--Sig_gv/vWN1oI=YL8N6CwZK_GCj

--Sig_gv/vWN1oI=YL8N6CwZK_GCj--