Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:59:22 -0500
From:      Jamil Taylor <jamil_taylor@pobox.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-RC1 not (easily) bootable

David O'Brien wrote:
> Why did you choose a "dangerously dedicated" install?  "dangerously
> dedicated" might go away in the future (as it doesn't leave space enough
> space for boot0).  Unless the normal slice configuration won't work for
> you, there really is no good reason to use "dangerously dedicated".

What if you have multiple drives in your system? Wouldn't "dangerously
dedicated" yield more disk space for use? I have three drives in my
system, and my third drive is "dangerously dedicated" to FreeBSD. No
other operating systems use that drive, so I saw no reason not to make
it dangerously dedicated.

Jamil