Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:03:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vincent Ramos <vince@natserv.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing freebsd

Hi, I'm trying to install FreeBsd on a 2nd drive (scsi). The installation
seems to be completed correctly, but soon after I boot the system I get a
"root not mount" message followed by a panic message that reboots the
machine within 10 seconds. This happened after all the devices were mounted.
I have tried reinstalling FreeBsd a number of times and I always end up with
the same results.  Am I doing something wrong?.  Please help.

I allocated a freebsd partition of 500mg and used the automatic configuration
setup.

Thanks
Vince.