Date:      Mon, 21 May 2007 06:07:32 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        "Brian Walker" <bfwalker@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE equivalent?

On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:54:48 +0800
"Brian Walker" <bfwalker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>=20
> I regularly find my computer is bumped off the net - on the Windows
> OS I see a regular notification of re-connection. On My linux box I
> need to 'sudo pppoeconf' to reconnect. The FreeBSD handbook deals
> rather scantily with PPPoE, and I can find nothing much on googling.
> Any ideas how best to a) prevent being kicked off and b)
> reconnecting. At the moment I simply do 'sudo ppp -ddial internet' to
> be reassigned and all works well ... for a while. The best response
> is to leave FreeBSD and  connect on re-entry into the OS. There has
> to be a better way.

Have you checked the ppp FAQ?

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/ppp.html

What does 'regularly' mean? Any special circumstances (for example, a
heavy load)?

Please send your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, the relevant portion
of /etc/rc.conf (cat /etc/rc.conf | grep ppp) and some logs (see ppp(8)
how to enable it).

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87