Date:      Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:07:59 +0100
From:      Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Chat-ML FreeBSD <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Munin and rrdtool 1.2

Hi there,

just for the Mailinglist archive:

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:12:43PM +0100, Marian Hettwer wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>does anybody know when munin gets updated to work with RRDTool 1.2 ?
>

> The canonical answer is: some time after someone (e.g. you) submits
> the update.

I changed the Makefile within ports/sysutils/munin-[main,node]
Just replace the Version number from 1.2.2 to 1.2.4
- run a 'make makesum'
- run a 'make install clean'

and off you go. Compiles, installs and deinstalls without problems.
As I had no images within 1.2.2 and I now have images in 1.2.4 (latest
stable munin release) I believe the problem is solved :-)

> Talk to the port maintainer if you'd like to suggest they work on it.

I dropped him a mail, told him about the two steps for an upgrade and
asked him wether he can commit it for the FreeBSD ports tree.
I volunteered to do it on my own, if he has no time for maintaining this
port anymore. I'd be glad to step in :)

best regards,
Marian