Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:42:26 -0700
From:      Zach Thompson <cublai@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: why suggest Mutt? (Was: Favorite Mail App?)

* Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se> [020322 05:38]:
> * Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com> [2002-03-22 06.11 -0500]:
>
> > I don't get it. Why recommend mutt to someone with "no special requirements"
> > who just wants to send/recv mail?
>
> Brendan asked for "recommendations on a good mail app". I
> recommended the good mail app Mutt. I don't have any special
> requirements either, and all I do with Mutt is sending and reading
> mail.
>
> > What need does it fill that the others cant, except require a rocket scientist
> > a couple of weeks to configure?

There are also quite a few .muttrc files out there that do most of the
configuration for you (http://www.mutt.org/links.html#config). I have
used the Automated WWW .muttrc builder and that seems to work fine.
However, I usually just modify Sven Guckes' files.

For someone who wants a GUI mail reader clearly not the right choice.
Though a GUI always seemed to me to be a "special requirement" ;^D

Zach Thompson