Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Elvis Paris <elvis_paris@yahoo.com>
To:        Michael Sharp <ms@probsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to use java, shockwave, etc..?

--- Michael Sharp <ms@probsd.org> wrote:
> Hello Elvis,
>     If you can install /usr/ports/java/jdk13 , but
> you will have to
> manually download the source files, see the
> Makefile. Then you can
> install /usr/ports/www/mozilla and the Java SDK
> toolkit will be
> configured with it. You can also install plugger to
> get some extra
> plugin functionality. I believe thats in
> /usr/ports/www/.

Thanks for the pointers, I tried compiling native Java
a while back and had some problems, but I may try
again. (And compling native mozilla takes a really,
really long time.)

But that also means I can't use Opera, which only has
a linux version.

And does plugger support linux plugins, even with a
native browser? I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks!

Elvis