Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:32:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
Cc:        "Mullen, Adam" <Adam.Mullen@compaq.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Netgear FA312 10/100 Ethernet Nic

At Sun, 15 Oct 2000 it looks like Otter composed:

O-->Adam,
O-->Under 4.1.1, the FA310 works like a champ using the dc driver. After
O-->picking up a NetGear 311 yesterday, I see that it doesn't work with dc
O-->or any other driver in the 4.1 GENERIC kernel I was attempting to
O-->install it on. Once I pull the 310 and compare chipsets, I'll let you
O-->know the difference. For what it's worth, I get the same result you do
O-->on my 311-- no recognition.
O-->-Otter

I got stuck with one on a "buy hub, get card free" deal at Staples
and failed to notice it was not a 310. Here is the recent source
code which may or may not help you.

http://www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html

--
Bill Schoolcraft           http://wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076	        San Francisco, CA 94121

       " saevis tranquillus in undis "