Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:09:55 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CPU Temperature

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 05:20 pm, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 11:48:31AM +0930, Brian Astill wrote:
> > The port for fvcool seems to be broken - the only source of the tar.gz
> > file produces a 154byte file with a bad checksum.
> > Any advice you can offer?
>
> Try again --- it worked for me when I tried downloading it again just now.

Nah!  ...  I used wget to this source :-)
>     >> http://www.nt.phys.kyushu-u.ac.jp/shimizu/download/.
>     Receiving FVCool102.tar.gz (9289 bytes): 100%

Yup!
Fvcool works well for me using -e -i but not -e alone.
The effect on CPU temperature in KDE is marginal - a drop of only a degree or
two, but at the console - WOW!  Drops rapidly from 51C to 32C.  What that
means is that I can run 24x7 from the console with minimal risk of the CPU
overheating.  Great.

--
Regards,
Brian