Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 02:31:54 -0400
From:      Stephen Milley <smilley@waterw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD

What can show me how to code Makefiles(CCFLAGS = blah, etc.) and such? Also,
where can I find about the different Internet utilities that show me
statistics about my connection and stuff that shows me what is happening
with the connection(what's downloading, what's being sent, like a bird's eye
of what's going on with my modem, etc.). I also am wondering why some people
on IRC think ppp say it is a child's program. I do know about pppd, but just
haven't used it yet. :)  Although, I am growing alot more in FreeBSD than in
Linux, which I am proud to say, because the coding must have been well
grounded :) . I'll appreciate any responses to my questions. :)
P.S. Btw, is there a non X-Windows www client that supports ActiveX and all
those Microsoft and Netscape extension, because I don't want to install X
just for Netscape.