Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:51:26 +0200
From:      Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <netchild@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b & 3.0-current

On Tue 01 Sep 1998, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On 31 Aug, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
> > No, not that i know of. Many people are asking for support of the "c"
> > models, butnoone added support for them until now.
>
> I think that's because nobody want's to buy a card for which he must
> write a driver himself. After looking into Linux-ISDN sources (only a
> short look) my motivation for doing it is 0. It looks like they use
> another chip.

Umpf... This is a questionable statement on a mailing list like this. It
boils down to the fact that you use software provided by a bunch of
'nobody's at no cost to get your ISDN connection up and running.

I hope you realize that the reason there _is_ something like i4b _at all_,
is because people buy unsupported hardware and start writing drivers that
they want to share.

Leo.