Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:06:49 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        "David M. Meyer" <meyer@network-services.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   multicast on freebsd?

David M. Meyer writes:

 > 	Can anyone tell me if they have been running
 > 	the multicast tools (vat, vic, maybe sdr) on
 > 	a freebsd box? If so, what video boards (if you're
 > 	encoding)? what audio hardware?

Haven't gotten into the sending business yet but for reception vic,
vat, wb and sdr work fine.

There is also ongoing development work for bt848 based cards which are
pretty inexpensive. I've one of those cards but unfortunately the PC
is running win95 at the moment so I cannot tell you how well the
driver currenly performs but what I've been hearing it's pretty ok.

Pete