Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 02:50:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HD controller weirdness...

i have an old Acer P90 system, when doing the freebsd install for
some reason it wouldn't detect the HD controller most of the time, then
after moving some boards around inside it worked...
just today i closed the machine up, and afterward same problem, the kernel
kept freaking out about not being able to find the root device... now
since it was booting off the hardrive i though that it wouldn't have a
problem, so i reopend the machine and kinda checked all my ISA/PCI
connctions and wha-la... it worked again.

btw, what i mean about worked is that, when it's not working the kernel
fails to detect the harddrive controller and therefore freaks out without
a root filesystem...

this has me confused, if the machine is booting off of the harddrive you'd
think there wouldn't be a problem with it...

|Alfred Perlstein - Programming & SysAdmin for hire...
|perlsta@sunyit.edu
|http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~perlsta
: ---"Have you seen my FreeBSD tatoo?"
' ---"who was that masked admin?"