Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:45:49 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD certified software (was: WordPerfect 8 for Linux)

At 08:00 PM 10/28/98 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>There are two ways to approach this issue. One is developer-centric and
>one is consumer-centric.
>
>(I currently see a 1, 2, or 3 brand system being discussed.)
>
>On the consumer-centric approach. I think that a single brand that tells
>consumers that this software will work with FreeBSD is adequate. I think
>that adding multiple brands would be counter productive.
>
>On the developers end of the stick. We can offer more incentive to vendors
>who go the extra step to make software work "out of the box" by providing
>and honorific.
>
>We want to attract developers. We want to attract consumers. We want to do
>both effectively.
>
>In any case, we need to figure out how many brands and what qualifications
>each brand must meet.
>
>Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
>Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/

I'm thinking 2 would work.  Designed For = Ported.. Works With = Via
Emulation (Or a BSDI Exec that happens to work, or whatnot)..

FreeBSD Native is kinda nerdy, but it does have its pros and cons too.
Wouldn't "Made With FreeBSD" be a little less nerdy?

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998