Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:54:06 -0400
From:      "Joshua M. Free" <josh@jlc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Deskjet 660Cse

Hello,

I'm trying to get my HP Deskjet 660Cse printer working under FreeBSD
2.2.1-RELEASE without much luck. I've rebuilt my kernel with the
'device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 5 vector lptintr'
line in my kernel's conf file and restarted. As root, doing a
'lptest >/dev/lpt0' results in having a page being printed with the
top line containg the first 79 characters lptest is supposed to print
with a following line containing a single double quote '"' aligned
all the way to the right. After this page is fed from my printer 2
more blank pages are fed and the printer's working light will
continue to blink until I reset the printer which causes a final
blank page to be fed out.

When printing with 'lpr' I'll either get a single blank page or the
text I was trying to print except that it has the "staircase effect".
Here's the contents of /etc/printcap:
lp|HP Deskjet 660Cse:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp.log:

/var/log/lp.log is empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

--
Joshua M. Free <josh@jlc.net> http://www.jlc.net/~josh/ NIC: jmf30
PGP Fingerprint = 53 2F 1E E3 43 F6 53 58  57 6E DA D4 8B 08 FB 08