Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:05:02 -0500
From:      Stephen Hoover <shooverfbn@442spot.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Degradation of write performance in Samba

I have a FreeBSD 4.4 running Samba 2.2.3a and over the course of about 27
days,
I am seeing a severe degradation in write performance. I have tried stoping
and
restarting the daemons, but only a reboot fixes the problem. After a fresh
reboot
this box smokes my NT boxes. The box doesn't appear to be running out of
memory,
nothing is crashing, only 136k of swap was used during the 27 day period.
There are
no warnings or error messages in /var/log/messages. This box is a straight
off the
CD install, with Samba compiled from sources. It is hosting a mix of
Netscape and
MS Outlook mail profiles.

Any ideas?

Stephen Hoover