Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:25:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      User MAT <mat@blondie.ottawa.cc>
To:        mike@seidata.com
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, Dmitry Eremin <dmiter@sci-nnov.ru>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /kernel: arp: 192.168.1.188 is on de1 but got reply from 00:c0:4f:a4:81:2d on de0

Sorry to pick up this thread so late...

	I've noticed something similar on my machine at home.  The box is
connected to a cable modem.  I have my roomates machine (running Win95)
going through another NIC and I'm natd'ing it.
	One night, because of a similar message to above, I ran natd with
the debuging output.  What I infered from all of this is that my ISP is
routing packets wrongly and that the private (10.xxx./192.168.1.x) packets
were actually comming from internet (or my perception of it) (I acutally
got the ether addrr of some machines using the private net numbers).
	This should cause confusion because the netmask indicates that all
192.168.1.x should be comming from a different device (in my case, the
roomates computer).

	Furthermore but unrelated, that ISP uses private net number for
their routers !!!