Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 12:33:14 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        jessemonroy@email.com, jessem@livecam.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [jkh@osd.bsdi.com: ANNOUNCE: Status update on ftp.freebsd.org AKA ftp.freesoftware.com]

FWIW,

The 386BSD vol.1 book is available for about $10 in the Pitt library.
I was going to buy it, but after checking out the contents I realized
it was explaining some code that doesn't exist anymore.

Many things have happened after 386BSD, the 4.4BSDlite and the related
legal battle, and now the BSDi code donations ... that book is
terribly irrelevant nowadays! The fact that 386BSD disappeared is not
something good, but at least we now have a very live and democratic
community around BSD and no Linus-like figures that dictate the "one
true" way.

I only know Mr. Monroy for his useless postings in the newgroups
archives. Jesus, unique as you are, I regret to inform you that we
didn't miss people like you on this lists.

    Pedro.