Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:19:54 -0400
From:      "V-Vega " <vvega@silly.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ports....

Hey...

I try to install the ports and this is how i do it.  I download it to my
DOS harddrive.  Switch to my box, mount the dos partition, copy the tarball
umount the drive, untar the file.  It then makes a bunch of
directories..../pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current blah blah blah and when i try
to make....it says something like it cant find a file and then it tried to
ftp to get it or some crap....can u please just help me out by telling me
the proper way to install my ports ?????  Thanx so much