Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:57:45 +0100
From:      Robert Suetterlin <robert@mpe.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hangup also depends on number of HDs connected to controller...

Once more...

So I tried first with one HD on primary master of the promise controller in the different PCI slot and everything worked ok.  Unfortunately when I try to use all four HDs system hangs again.

I really need some guidance on how to diagnose this, please.  There are just too many combinations of PCI slots and number of HD possible.  But if this seems to be the only way to get it done I will keep trying to change the controller around and plug HDs to ever different IDE-Channels in ever changing numbers...

Nice weekend, Robert S.

--
Robert Suetterlin (robert@mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950