Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:13:14 -0500
From:      Mike Hauber <m.hauber@mchsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logo Contest

On Thursday 10 February 2005 05:49 pm, Technical Director wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> > No.  While Beastie is cute and well executed, it's not
> > professional graphic art.
>
> Here here...
>
> Rob.

I have two questions.  These are not accusations, but questions
and I don't want accusations in response.

1.  Why was this so hush-hush (ie, Why was it "leakable" (ie, why
the secrecy, if FreeBSD is supposed to be a project where
everyone can take part in?)))

2.  Does Apple have, or has Apple had anything to do with this
decision (and if so, then who, how and why (or is the answer to
that supposed to be "hush-hush" too))?

If someone out there is honest and forthcoming, we'd all like to
know the answers to this...  And quite frankly, it doesn't take
weeks to figure out how to use correct grammar in an announcement
or a responce (and even if the grammar is left _so_ wanting, take
a look at the archives for this list.  It can't be all _that_
bad, can it?)

Thank you in advance for at least a reasonable response.

Mike
(FreeBSD devotee & evangelist (for now))