Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 08:30:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Tsirulnikov <mt@CNS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCO Emulation not working!

Hello all,

	I tried 2 different approaches to getting SCO to
work:
1. lkm:	putting ibcs2="YES" in /etc/sysconfig and
	mknod /dev/socksys c 34 0
and
2. ibcs2="NO" and add
   options "COMPAT_IBCS2"
   options "IBCS2"
to kernel configuration file and re-build (where I had to
create an empty opt_config.h to get kernel to compile;  that
header file was missing otherwise).

I rebooted after each of the approaches and always get:
libsocket: open(/dev/socksys) failure: No such device or address

even though /dev/socksys exists!  Any further help is
much appreciated.

I am running FreeBSD 2.2/3.0 snap on a 180 MHz Pentium Pro
workstation with 32 MBytes of RAM.

Thanks.

---
Mike Tsirulnikov