Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:21:49 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can you set fxtv to a default *frequency* iso channel?

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

Wilko Bulte:
 |> BTW, my primary card is a Matrox now too (a G200 Millenium) so I see the
 |> Millenium problem in 24 and 32bpp (not 16bpp).  Interestingly it only
 |> appears for me when the desktop res is bigger than the video mode res.
 |
 |Mine is:
 |
 | Width: 1280
 |  Height: 1024
 |  Depth: 24
 |  Visual Class: TrueColor
 |
 |It is a plain Millenium II PCI with 8Mb. My desktop is 1024x1280. Video mode
 |is also 1280x1024. Or do I miss your point?

I think so.  My observation was that I only see the pixel shift when the
desktop is larger than the video mode, and then only in 24bpp and 32bpp (on
the Matrox Millenium G200 on XFree86 3.3.4).  This is different behavior
from prior Millenium cards.

 |> I filed a bug on this for XFree86 3.3.4 today, referring them to the DGA
 |> test progs I cooked up:
 |>
 |>        http://www.ipass.net/~dbhopper/aa8vb/fxtv/dgafbtest.c
 |>        http://www.ipass.net/~dbhopper/aa8vb/fxtv/tv-dgatest.c
 |
 |When I run tv-dgatest things become a real mess. A sort of staircase
 |originating in the left upper corner, moving to the right hand bottom
 |corner. Sort of defies description. :/

Hehehe. :-)  Yeah, it's supposed to be frames of video, but guess you
aren't tuned to a frequency right now.

 |In my case "dgafbtest -f 1024" gives me the yellow L shaped lines
 |in the exact corners of the screen. Omitting the -f 1024 the 2 righthand
 |L are offset about 1/8 of the screenwidth to the left.
 |
 |> If the XFree86 folks work on a most-reported priority basis for fixing
 |> bugs, I'm sure a few other folks reporting the Millenium shift bug couldn't
 |> hurt!
 |
 |I guess so. Do you have a bug ID that I can refer to? I'd happily
 |report the problem to Xfree.

I've never gotten bug IDs back in the mail from them.  But FWIW attached is
a copy of this particular bug report I filed to XFree86@XFree86.org (minus
the startx and XF86Config attachments).

Randall

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI