Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:46:11 -0700
From:      Roger Harrell <roger@audiblefaith.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to configure multiple IPs on FreeBSD

I need to add several IP addresses on my server. The IPs have been
provisioned but in the past I haven't had to do the server config piece.
I looked at the docs on rc.conf but it wasn't clear how to set up
multiple IPs.

If my current rc.local is:

hostname="hostname"
ifconfig_fxp0="inet currentserverip netmask 255.255.255.0 media
100baseTX mediao
pt full-duplex"
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"
sendmail_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"
defaultrouter="defgateway"
nfs_client_enable="NO"
nfs_server_enable="NO"
usbd_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="YES"
portmap_enable="NO"
syslogd_flags="-ss"
sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"
nfs_client_enable="NO"
nfs_server_enable="NO"
usbd_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="YES"
portmap_enable="NO"
syslogd_flags="-ss"
sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"

What can I do to get the server to respond to two more IP addresses? Are
there other files I need to edit as well. Also I did see a post about
being able to do something like this without rebooting, so if that's
possible I'd like information on that as well. Always better if it can
be done without a reboot. I'm pretty new to this level of admin. Thanks.

--
Roger Harrell