Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:51:06 -0800
From:      David Perry <perryd@llnl.gov>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xl driver problems

Karel,

I saw your post to lists.freebsd.org (Sat Oct 30 13:49:45 PDT 2004)

>FreeBSD 5.3 RC1
>ThinkPad 600E
>3Com Megahertz NIC, model 3CXFEM656C

I have a Dell Latitude CPx with the same 3Com NIC as your ThinkPad --
my dmesg & pciconf commands produce the same info as yours did.

The NIC works fine under Windows and Fedora Core 2 & 3, but not under
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.  It appears to fail in the same way yours does.

The xl driver code has some references to the 656, but I do not know
if this means that there is supposed to be support (with errors in
the code), or if someone put in placeholders for later development.

Have you come to any resolution, or have you just given up?

Thanks,
David
   David B. Perry			Computer Scientist
   Lawrence Livermore Laboratory	e-mail: perry29@llnl.gov