Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:23:40 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
To:        "Mc Claude" <privat-mc@gmx.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:

Fault 11 or signal 11?  There was a known bug in sysinstall for version
3.something but I would be surprised if it isn't fixed by this time.

Signal 11 is very often associated with hardware problems, particularly
memory problems, and remember, as someone pointed out to me, there is more
memory than system memory in your machine, for example on the graphics
adapter.

Somewhere at work I have a URL to a site dealing with system 11 problems so,
if you can wait, and no-one else posts it first...  Otherwise search the
mailing list archives at

mvh/regards

James

<snip>