Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:38:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        brian@firehouse.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C2 Trusted FreeBSD?

> certification or not, i personally think that acl-based object access
> is something that would work in FreeBSD's favor, especially given the
> now infamous unix-slam from nt fans on the subject...

ACL code is trivial, once stacked FS modules works correctly.  The quota
code ought to be moved to a stacking layer, as well.  Unfortunately, the
FS framework has problems right now, and it's not terribly clear if they
will ever be solved without someone on the core team doing the actual
work, since the changes required are so large that only a core team member
could do them in the face of the fear that much change generates.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.