Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:08:33 +0900
From:      non@ever.sanda.gr.jp
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Geometry transrated IDE HDD with ad driver

I have a notebook which the geometry of HDD in BIOS is not compatible
with the one on the HDD. I could install 4.2-stable without a problem,
but after installation at boot up I got the message like,

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
ad0s1: type 0xa5 start 62, end = 333143, size 333081 : OK
ad0: cannot find label (no disk label)
ad0s1: cannot find label (no disk label)
Root mount failed: 22

Manual root filesystem specification:
	:

With the wd driver and changes in /etc/fstab, I could boot with
geometry transration. I also heard that some guy had same kind of
trouble with Digital Hinote. He didn't try wd driver.

Any suggestion to use ad driver ?

// Noriaki Mitsunaga //