Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 13:48:43 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any serious objections (with accompanying diffs only!) to this?

I've been trying to untangle the dependencies between the bin and info
distributions in -current for the last day now and I'm basically about
to give up - it's a freaking mess in there and I think the only
reasonable solution at this point is to kill the info distribution
again and merge it back in with the bin distribution.  I know it will
result in bin dist bloat (that being the whole reason we tried to
separate them in the first place) but they're totally intertwined
right now and the simple act of turning the info distribution back on
for lib/libcom_err has broken the -current release build since the
15th of December.  For the last 10 days it's been impossible to build
a release of -current for this simple reason.  Bah.

Anyway, so unless someone else can supply me with a set of diffs which
fixes this in a reasonable way (and good luck finding all the spots
which switch DISTRIBUTION surrepticiously back to "bin" again in the
tree), I'm simply going to smash the info and bin dists back together
and write the whole idea off as a bad experiment.  I also don't want
to hear any "no, don't do this!" comments from anyone who's not
willing to make it actually work the way it is now, so if that's all
you've in mind to say then kindly don't. :)

					Jordan