Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:33:36 +0200
From:      Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with X server would be appreciated

Hello list participants,

Yesterday I re-installed from sources XFree3.3.6_11 version of X
system. While trying to re-start X server I get (both with root
and user prvilegies) following message from the system:

Xwrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service
Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

The server is not started and I get followng message
continiously:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2

My questions:
1) How the situation can be remedied so that it is possible
   to start X server ?
2) What are the possible reasons for the message got ?

In case more information is needed I will gladly provide it.

Yours sincerely
Ariel Burbaickij