Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:50:01 GMT
From:      Jon <sybersnake@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/177985: [zfs] disk usage problem when copying from one zfs dataset to another on the same pool using mv command

The following reply was made to PR kern/177985; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jon <sybersnake@gmail.com>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: "bug-followup@FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 15:49:41 -0400

 This is not a bug, it is a workflow problem introduced by the difference in b=
 ehavior between ZFS datasets and fixed sized file systems.=20

 You should be able to move files from one dataset to another on the same poo=
 l without having to copy it to another pool and back. This all can be accomp=
 lished by deleting copied files more often than it currently does or at leas=
 t adding a flag to turn on synchronized deletes.

 After I am done testing the same scenario on Solaris I will run the test Ste=
 ve suggested.=20

 Sent from my iPhone