Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:26:00 -0700
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   savecore before swapon?

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

I havn't checked the source, but from my understanding shouldn't
savecore be run before swapon is run, incase the swap device is the
dump device?  Or to look at it another way, when swapon is run on a
swap device, does it look first to see if there is a dump in it, and
if so what does it do?  Right now we run swapon, then considerably
later we run savecore.  Assuming swapon just trashes whatever was in
that device, running savecore is pretty much irrelevant, as most
people I know (not necessarily in FreeBSD) use their swap device as a
dump point.

-Brandon Gillespie

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--