Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:59:50 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        weiwuzhang@263.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: config mail client

At 03:50 AM 3.23.2002 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>My problem is simple. I recieve mails through a POP3 server and send mails=
=20
>through a SMTP server as most people do. But how to config my BSD system so=
=20
>that when I send a mail using 'mail' it knows which smtp server to use and=
=20
>which pop3 server to check  for incoming mails? If it takes steps to do it=
=20
>you just tell me where to find an answer. Most times the real problem is=20
>not learning but finding a way to learn.=20
>
>I'm sending this mail from a Windows box.=20

If you use a Windows client like Outlook, then in the setup wizard process,
you rwach a dialog boc for POP3 and SMTP servers. Just put in which ones
you want to use. They don't have to be the same server. Like: POP3 -
mail.mydomain.net SMTP: mail.myotherdomain.com

If not using the wizatd, goto the Tools\accounts and select the "servers"
tab...

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone