Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 08:36:54 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: uucp uid's

As Don Yuniskis wrote:

>     A bit of confusion on my part, perhaps...

There's too much confusion about UUCP UIDs on any Unix i've seen so
far. :)

>     Shouldn't the uucp uid be that of the uucp *administrator*?

I've seen both.  It's a pain in the butt on every system that you
first gotta look who's who.

> (i.e. the owner of the uucp files, processes, etc.).  And,

All the UIDs should be identical however, i.e. the UUCP administrator
has the same UID and group as all the UUCP dialin accounts.  I've
never seen a system that doesn't handle it this way.

--
cheers, J"org