Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:50:54 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Facing problems with onboard ATI Radeon 8470D graphics

I just installed a new Asus A68HM motherboard with an AMD A6-6400K processo=
r. The board has onboard ATI Radeon 8470D graphics adapter chip.

I installed a fresh copy of FreeBSD 10.3 amd64, with great hopes that every=
thing would work out of the box. It did not. The graphics output under Gnom=
e is skewed - half the text of Applications menu list  is missing and stran=
ge streaks appear at a few places on the screen.

To check whether there was any RAM problem, I ran a couple of passes under =
memtest86 with no errors. There are no page fault reports at boot-time eith=
er.

I then installed OpenSuse 42.1 leap, where the graphics output is normal. B=
ut I want to move back to FreeBSD - that is the only thing I like.

Since the Xorg distribution under FreeBSD and Linux is the same, it should =
be possible for my setup to work seamlessly on FreeBSD too. Can someone hel=
p me get things right ? If not now, maybe with a future release like 11.0/1=
1.1

Thanks for any help
Manish Jain