Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:20:29 +0100
From:      Oliver Leitner <Shadow333@gmx.at>
To:        Technical Director <technical@ultratrends.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logo Contest

On Friday 11 February 2005 04:15, Technical Director wrote:
> > and for a personal thing of mine, would you please leave terms like
> > "decision makers" out of here, i just have the certain feeling that youre
> > referring to the manager type of person, who does not ever go to a
> > serverroom or really look at anything important anyways.
> >
> > of course thats my subjective perspective, you might enlighten me on that
> > one if you got some examples of "decision makers" who actually got an
> > idea about how the world is really turning around.
>
> "Okay Rob, you can have one FreeBSD box, on your desktop..."

im not rob, but thanks, already got one)

> Now it's 12... 12 in production and spreading. The people who make the
> decisions DON'T have a clue, they never experience the trenches as it
> were, and doubtful that they ever will.
>
> The problem is that Tech is a bowl of jello. Look at the color.

interresting thought, so its a sweet tasting thing that youd like to drink?
(in case i translated jello right, cause this is not my mother language...)

>Look at
> the jiggle... These guys who sign the bottom line and tell us, the
> workers, what to do have the say on what we get to use or not to use.
> (Unless you work in some far of neverland. If so, are they hiring?)

whats neverland? (assides from alice in wonderland story...)
have you read that book, good literature, but youre kinda referring in a
funny way to it.

> And where do they get their info?

dont ask me, im a grease monkey, i do actually keep things running.

> > was that really the question or are that facts, i mean, does FreeBSD
> > really want to compete with companies, or do their own thing.
>
> Do there own thing? It would be interesting how you might quantify that?
> And I am not even encouraging "competing" with the other companies, but at
> least give a chance to those who have to.

i dont know, thats why i used a vague phrase for it, im actually waiting for
the answers of the FreeBSD peoples on all of that discussion anyways...

you might ask them first, and not me.

> > what was it from what ive read... freebsd core dev team is around ~200
> > peoples working on the code?
> >
> > how about giving them a chance to speak up their thoughts for a change?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributors/staff-core
>.html
>
> This would be the core team I refer to.

thanks for the url, im gonna look that one up. i dont know where i got my
data from, i think i actually read some topics in the news about it.

> > do we? for a single person trying to speak plural... you got quite an ego
> > there...
>
> we -- If you will recall was in quotes. [ exasperated sigh ]

i am answering you and and that other guy, both of you.