Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:52:18 -0400
From:      Tim Grzechowski <tim.grzechowski@aais.bdi.gte.com>
To:        thomas r stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone try the new dual-head G-400 drivers?

Hello!

I am a SysAdmin at GTE, 'er Verizon, and we are doing something
simular.  We tried using the freebie stuff with Xfree86 4.0.1 but found
it to be extreamly buggy... both on Linux and FreeBSD.  The solution we
found works best is paying the 129 bucks and getting the drivers from
AcceleratedX (I think it supports up to eight monitors).  We are using
the Matrox DUAL Head AGP card.

It's been about three weeks and I have had no problems at all... in
fact, I will defend to the death anyone that comes in and tries to take
eight one of my two 21" monitors!  I'm telling you, once you use it for
a few hours you will never want to go back.

...no the task of talking the wife into a second 21" monitor for the
house  :)

AcceleratedX has demo drivers, but be warned that they only work ten
minutes before it dumps you back at the command prompt-- it doesn't care
what you are doing.

Hope this helps a bit.

/tg

Timothy Grzechowski            tim.grzechowski@aais.bdi.gte.com