Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 13:58:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up BSD as a gateway

> I've gone through all the documentation and tried several different
> possibilities and now I am going to have to ask for help.  What I've got
> is a pentium 133 w/64 RAM running 2.2.7 which connects to the interent
> and everything runs just fine.  Now I am trying to route a second
> computer running Win95 to the internet using BSD as the gateway, I've
> enabled the gateway in rc.conf and still the Win machine can not seem to
> reach the internet, it makes connections to the BSD machine but can not
> access the internet.  Does anyone have any ideas?

How does it connect to the Internet? A dial-up line? How did you choose an
IP address for the Win95 box?

If you're dialing in to a standard ISP dial-up account, chances are you've
only been allocated one IP address by the ISP. You'll have to run natd on
the FreeBSD box to allow the Win95 machine to connect, so that requests
from Win95 box look like they're coming from the BSD box (which has a
legitimate IP address).

Give us some more details about your specific situation.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji