Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:28:07 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        m.hauber@mchsi.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logo Contest

At 8:13 PM -0500 2/10/05, Mike Hauber wrote:
>And quite frankly, it doesn't take weeks to figure out how to use
>correct grammar in an announcement or a responce (and even if the
>grammar is left _so_ wanting, take a look at the archives for this
>list.  It can't be all _that_  bad, can it?)

Who are you to make these pronouncements of "reality"?  How do you
know the exact length of time it takes to get 400 developers to agree
on *anything* -- never mind the wording of a public announcement?

The site was written by a developer whose primary language is
Japanese.  Just how long would it take you to write a web page in
perfect Japanese?  Sure, be a smug smart-ass about how great your
own damn grammar is.  However, FreeBSD is a world-wide project,
with hard-working developers from many countries whose primary
language is NOT english.  Stop thinking that the entire world
revolves around the lifestyle that you happen to live in.

>Thank you in advance for at least a reasonable response.

Thank you for another set of ill-informed and insulting speculation.
It's always a pleasure dealing with "friends" who are so willing
to see conspiracies at every turn.  I'm also glad you didn't waste
any time reading any of the other messages which I have written in
this mailing list.  Much better to let your own demented accusations
fly, then to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, or to actually
read what they are saying.

>Mike
>(FreeBSD devotee & evangelist (for now))

And me, I'm speaking solely as Garance Drosehn, FreeBSD committer
for the past four years.  I have done maybe a dozen presentations
for FreeBSD to public groups in that time.  What "evangelism" have
you done?  Actual evangelism, in front of a live audience?  I,
for one, am damn tired of explaining some stupid Unix inside-joke
to people, at the same time that I'm trying to convince those same
people that FreeBSD is a professional, grown-up operating system.

An operating system.  Code that works.  That is what I care about.