Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:57:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Marc-Andr=E9?= <tical@magma.ca>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: multi-OS question

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Marc-Andr=E9 wrote:

> I read the FAQ but it doesnt really answer my question.
>
> To have windows98 and FreeBSD installed on the same PC (only one hard dis=
k),
> do you need to partition the hard disk before installing the FreeBSD, or =
can you simply
> run the install of FreeBSD?   I already have windows installed.

Hi Marc,

Depends on your current partitioning scheme. FreeBSD is looking for
free space on a primary partition. If you currently only have one
partition, you will lose Windows98 unless you shave some space off of its
partition to make another primary partition using a tools like fips or
Partition Magic. If you have two partitions, but one is logical, you'll nee=
d to
convert that logical to a primary.

HTH,

Dru