Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 06:08:52 -0500
From:      matt greenslade <MGREENSLADE@CSI.compuserve.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Install error

all,

 below is the text from the ALT+F2 console during the problem I am
experiencing. I have tried with different floppies and different versions
of the file (from different sites) as well as using bad block scan and
increasing the partition and directory sizes but no luck - itcontinues to
bomb out when installing bin.be with the error message:  'write failure on
transfer: 1 byte of 1024 transferred'.

DEBUG: Init floppy called for /dist/bin/bin.be distribution
DEBUG: initFloppy: mounted floppy /dev/fd0 succesfully on /dist
usr/bin/rlog
usr/bin/rcsfreeze
/stand/cpio: invalid header: checksum error

gunzip:stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
/stand/cpio: premature end of file

Any help much appreciated,

regs, Matt Greenslade