Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 12:24:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Barry Perryman <perryman@sun001.sil.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X

On Mon, 3 Jul 1995, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I've just installed 2.0.5 (latest SNAP) and X86 3.1.1.
>
> However, if do 'startx' after instlaling X, it complains that xinit
> can't find the server. Specifically, that 'X' is no in my path.

I haven't got round to installing 2.0.5 so this is just a guess.

If you aren't using the csh are you exporting the path that you set in your
.profile? if you don't export the path in sh/ksh etc you may find that the
exported default path doesn't contain /usr/X11R6/bin.

Also what about using xinit, I don't use startx myself so I'm not sure if
there are any real differences

Barry