Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:34:31 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   two make questions

Hi,

I've sent two messages about (p)make to questions@ but have not received
any replies, so I ask here.

I'm not a C programmer (thus not really familiar with make), and I'm
trying to use it for project management (we write apps in php). I've
stumbled across a few variable related issues where the actual behavior
doesn't exactly map to the available documentation (make(1), and the
pmake paper). See the messages below for complete descriptions.

Also, since two attempts sent to this list before I subscribed haven't
make it through and I'm not sure about the cause, I'm just posting
links to the original messages in questions@:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=103250565427752&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=103251441702280&w=2

Hope you don't mind, and thanks.