Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2014 18:15:07 -0500
From:      Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>
To:        Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can you switch from CLang back to gcc in FreeBSD 10.0

Hello,

On Jan 8, 2014, at 3:46 PM, Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been dreading this for over a year now. It's going to reach critical s=
oon. FreeBSD 10 is dropping gcc in favour of Clang (because the current vers=
ion of gcc is GPL 3, which is too incompatible with the BSD license/philosop=
hy - a debate for elsewhere).
>=20
> gcc is still available in ports, and as it's not having to be part of the b=
ase system, I hope it'll be a newer version.

There have always been "newer" versions of gcc in ports.=20

Jim Ohlstein