Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:18:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

> > Please don't waste your time.  This code will never be in FreeBSD.
>
> Garrett, What do you want to say? Do you want to battle?

Ummm.  I do not think that this conversation is going in productive
directions, and there are certainly many users who would much rather
see anything at all related to cardbus be productive.  No one person
in core is really empowered to say that something will "never" be in
FreeBSD unless that something defies all common sense, like moving the
X server into the kernel. :)

Like most things in FreeBSD, I suspect that "success" in this area
will come to whichever approach manages to provide reasonable
functionality and win user acclamation.  Sometimes that's a function
of raw technical merit and sometimes it's the fact that it Just Works
where none of the more technically meritorious solutions are doing the
job.

I'm interested to see what both groups produce and even more
interested to see how the users judge their work.  That, far more than
any core team member's possibly hasty pronouncement, is going to
determine the final outcome here.  Better that everyone involved spend
more time worrying about their code than on "battling" in email. :)

- Jordan

outcome of all this.  So