Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 02:05:43 PST
From:      "John McNamee" <jpm@microwiz.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, mark@quickweb.com
Subject:   Re: BSDI binary support

> How compatible is FreeBSD (2.1R) with BSDI binaries? The reason I ask is
> that I run the BSDI versions of the Netscape Proxy server with no
> problems, but I just tried setting up the BSDI 2.1 binaries for the
> Microsoft FrontPage server extensions (for web authoring..) and all of
> their binaries just core dump on me.. what's the reason for this?

I installed the FrontPage extensions on one of my 2.1-STABLE systems.  I ran
fpsrvadm without incident (e.g. no core dump), but I haven't got FrontPage to
actually work (the Web Explorer won't accept my password).  I haven't spent
much time looking at the problem, so I can't say if it's something stupid on
my part or a real incompatibility.

--
John McNamee <jpm@microwiz.com>                 MicroWizards
Voice: 702-825-3535 / FAX: 702-825-3443         http://www.microwiz.com